During the process of sandplay therapy the client is invited to set up the world corresponding to his/her inner state: through free, creative play he/she shows what is happening in his/her world by using sand, water and toy figures. This technique was implemented in Latvia by Linde von Keyserlingh, a psychotherapist and the Chair of the German Society for Sandplay Therapy.
- Creative, imaginative play in the sand
- The natural process of growth and development
- Access to deep feelings
- Access to subconscious information
- Access to past experiences and memories
- Symbolic communication
- A safe and accepting environment where mistakes are not made
- An opportunity to unfold and reshape one’s experience
- An opportunity to feel one’s own strength and resources.